About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cycle Cancelled

I am crushed.   As a reminder, my TSH was 4.94 four weeks ago so the plan was to put me on Synthroid (of which they put me on generic medication).  Not only did my thyroid TSH not go down to below 2.0, it didn't even get below 2.5 (my upper limit).  It didn't even get below 3.7 (the clinic's upper limit).  No.  It is now 5.07.  I am crushed.  I am upset.  I am confused.  I am bummed.  I am pissed.  I am UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!   How did this happen?  How did I up and get a thyroid issue in the first place?  I am just so bummed.  I just felt like something wasn't right.  I just felt like I wasn't going to transfer embryos in 5 days.  It just didn't feel right.  And this is why.  :(  I am not even sure what I am supposed to do next since they kinda just left me hanging until I pestered them at the end of the day for results.  The doctor isn't even around anymore to even know what to do.  I cancelled my lining check for tomorrow and am not even sure if I should stop taking my estrogen pills (orally and vaginally).  I know my cycle is cancelled but I am not sure if I just stop the estrogen what that will do to my cycle (which wasn't messed up to date... and I really don't want to add to the issues here).  Sigh.  :(

6 comments:

  1. :( I'm sorry Lauree. That's awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I hope that they can get your TSH under control soon so you can move forward. That's interesting about the generic. That's what I was just put on as well. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. I'm not positive they're different but I'll pay the extra $16 a month to not worry about it. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. :( Major dislike! I'm so sorry this is happening Lauree. I hope they get your TSH under control soon. Maybe you can do your frozen cycle with me in May. Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffani!! I'd love to cycle with you again! We got the short end of the stick last time we did!

      Delete